In the Community
At Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, our vision is to improve the overall health of the community. We strive to provide safe, high-quality and efficient healthcare with a patient- and family-centered philosophy, along with offering a variety of useful programs to the community.
The Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Mobile Health Center delivers healthcare services directly to neighborhoods and schools throughout South Broward. Free pediatric healthcare services include:
- Physical examinations
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Primary care physician referrals
Call Centralized Scheduling to make an appointment at 954-276-5548 (English) or 954-276-5542 (Spanish). View calendar.
Child Passenger Safety Seat Check
A nationally certified child passenger safety technician teaches participants how to properly protect children in age- and weight-appropriate car seats or booster seats. For details, call:
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital: 954-265-2350
- Memorial Hospital West: 954-844-7110
- Memorial Hospital Miramar: 954-538-5138
Safe Kids Broward County
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is the lead agency for Safe Kids Broward, a division of Safe Kids Worldwide, the first national nonprofit organization dedicated solely to the prevention of unintentional childhood injuries. Through community partnerships, Safe Kids Broward promotes, develops and hosts such education programs as bicycle safety, child passenger safety, drowning prevention, fire prevention, pedestrian safety and poison prevention. For details, call 954-276-1250.
Pediatric Speakers Bureau
The Pediatric Speakers Bureau is provided as a free community service to all Broward County clubs, schools (PTAs), businesses, social or civic organizations and religious affiliations. With a reasonable amount of notice (we suggest four weeks), we can provide your organization with a representative/affiliate from Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital to speak on a variety of health and wellness topics. Speakers can be provided for many health-related topics, including:
- How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen
- Depression in Adolescents
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Teens
- How to Strengthen Family Bonds
- How to Prevent Drug Use in Your Family; Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Teens
- Body Image and Self-Esteem: How Growth Rate, Weight and Physical Appearance Affect a Child's Confidence
- Managing Anger: How to Redirect Your Emotions Away From Your Child
- Child Safety: Car Seats, Drown Prevention and Poison Prevention
- Growing Pains and Your Child's Changing Body
- Household Emergencies; When to Bring Your Child to the ER
- Attention Deficit Disorder and Hyperactivity
- Coping With Asthma
- Heart Murmurs and Your Child
- Newborn Care 101
- Early Detection of Child Developmental Disorders
- How to Cope With Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Diabetes and a Healthy Lifestyle
- Surgical Solutions for Birth Defects
- Testing Anxiety in Children: How to Relax Children Before Testing
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital: "An Overview"
For more information or to schedule a presentation, call 954-276-1250.