Community Sponsored Events
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraising event or activity to benefit the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital. On behalf of the patients and families served by Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, thank you for your support. Please review our guidelines and complete the form below to submit your request.
Our Foundation Guidelines and Requirements
- Any fundraising event benefitting Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation (JDCHF) must be approved at least 30 days in advance by the Foundation office.
- All advertising copy and promotional materials for the event must be submitted to the Foundation office for approval prior to production. This includes evites, invitations, news releases, public service announcements, posters, banners, flyers and materials used for electronic distribution.
- JDCHF should be identified as the beneficiary of the event. For example, the phrase “benefiting Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation” is acceptable. If JDCHF will not receive 100% of the proceeds from the event, then the phrase “a portion of the proceeds benefit Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation” must be clearly stated on all invitation copy, advertising and promotional materials. Use of the hospital’s name in any way that creates or implies liability for the event by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation is prohibited.
- The State of Florida regulates all fundraising activities and JDCHF follows all IRS laws for charitable giving. As an event organizer, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary permits, licenses or insurance.
- Foundation representation may be requested for your fundraising event. Representation will be determined based on staff availability. Please note that the volume of requests are heightened during the holiday season. Requests will be fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis.
- JDCHF must be notified if you plan to contact businesses, individuals or organizations for contributions of any kind. Potential sponsors must be reviewed by the Foundation before being solicited.
- JDCHF can assist with promoting the event by posting on the JDCHF Facebook Page. JDCHF cannot assist with solicitation efforts for donations, volunteers, attendees, or provide celebrities or publicity.
- JDCHF can provide a letter of authorization to validate the fundraising event, assist you in designating your contribution to a specific area of interest and provide tax receipts to donors, if applicable.
Online Fundraising to benefit JDCHF must be approved by the Foundation. This includes any efforts using third party websites (i.e. GoFundMe, Facebook, etc.), which deduct a percentage from your funds raised. We recommend fundraising through the JDCHF website as 100% of the proceeds support your efforts. You can set up a personal fundraising page.
All net proceeds must be submitted to JDCHF within 30 days of the actual event and before the close of the calendar year, December 31st of that year. Please make checks payable to Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation.