Pediatric Cancer and Blood Disorders
We know how scary a cancer or blood disorder diagnosis can be. That’s why we take great pride in providing compassionate, patient- and family-centered care for children, adolescents and young adults with a range of conditions—from the rarest of childhood cancers to the most common blood disorders in children.
Led by nationally recognized, board-certified hematologists/oncologists, our team of cancer and blood disorder specialists are expertly trained to treat a variety of pediatric malignancies and blood disorders.
We are the only freestanding children’s hospital in Broward County to offer a dedicated pediatric hematology/oncology program that provides compassionate pediatric cancer and blood disorder care for patients across South Florida.
Datasource: Set Video Source here
What We Offer
- Direct access to our acclaimed pediatric hematologist/oncologists, 24 hours a day
- The ability to see several specialists during one visit, enabling patients to receive comprehensive results within a few hours
- An innovative approach to cancer treatment through multidisciplinary tumor boards, where experts from varying specialties review and discuss a patient’s treatment options and best course of action
- Sickle Cell Transition Program and Sickle Cell Day Hospital – specifically designed for adolescent and young adult patients with sickle cell anemia. Our Sickle Cell Day Hospital is the only one of its kind in Florida
- Cancer Survivorship Program – offers pediatric cancer survivors and their families long-term support
- Neuro-Oncology Clinic – a multidisciplinary clinic for brain tumor patients with access to oncology, neurology, neurosurgery, endocrinology and social services—all during one visit
- Pediatric Palliative Care Program – a program that helps improve the quality of life for patients and their families by easing physical and emotional suffering and discomfort
We know that one cancer treatment approach does not fit all. Recent advances in pediatric hematology/oncology have pointed to the benefits of tailoring cancer and blood disorder treatment to meet the specific needs of each child. Our hands-on approach allows us to work closely with patients and their families to develop an effective, personalized treatment plan, with the ultimate goal of getting our patients on the road to recovery.
Make informed healthcare decisions with transparent, unaltered, unedited data about quality and safety.
Some of the most beloved members of the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital team are the four-legged volunteers in our Pet-A-Pet Program.
Our emergency rooms offer advanced medical care for children in a child-friendly environment.