At Memorial Family Birthplace, we know pregnancy can be a magical time for moms-to-be. It can also be overwhelming – so many things to learn about and prepare for before your little one arrives. We are here to help.
Our team of maternity specialists provide comprehensive pregnancy, labor and delivery, postpartum and high-risk pregnancy care for all of our moms-to-be. We’re proud to be a part of your little one’s unforgettable birth story.
Your Pregnancy: Preparing for Childbirth
One of the best ways to prepare for childbirth is to start early and make a game plan. Expecting moms can pre-register and choose to deliver at three convenient locations in Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, and Miramar.
- Memorial Regional Hospital: 954-265-4484
- Memorial Hospital West: 954-844-7110
- Memorial Hospital Miramar: 954-538-5180
We also offer dedicated maternity care for moms and babies – including international maternity services.
While in the comfort of your home, we invite you to take a virtual tour of our birthing facilities. You can also learn about our comprehensive approach to labor and delivery, breastfeeding and lactation support options, and postpartum care.
Additionally, we offer many online classes to help you prepare as your pregnancy progresses.
Register for Memorial Family Birthplace Pregnancy App
We encourage you to register for our free Memorial Family Birthplace Pregnancy App, an online pregnancy resource center designed to educate expectant moms about prenatal care, labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and postpartum care for you and your newborn.
Getting Ready for Baby: Tips and Tricks
- Brush up on your newborn knowledge with a baby care or baby safety class
- Hospital packing list
- Organize breastfeeding supplies and take Breastfeeding 101 class to learn the basics of breastfeeding
- Pick a pediatrician for your baby
- Pre-register for birth to help make your check-in as smooth as possible (Regional, Miramar or West)
- Regular checkups with your OB to monitor your health and baby’s growth
- Take a virtual tour of the Memorial Family Birthplace
Making a Birth Wish List
At Memorial Family Birthplace, we focus on creating an empowering and unforgettable birth experience as you welcome your baby. Our labor and delivery teams are specially trained to provide support, resources to make your experience truly unforgettable.
We recommend creating a “wishlist” to help you envision what you’d like your baby’s birth to encompass – with lots of room for flexibility. Our three Memorial Family Birthplace locations offer many amenities during your stay, including:
- 24 hour lactation support
- Comfortable Upright Birth (CUB) chairs
- Delayed bath
- Food options for vegan, vegetarian and Kosher meals
- Immediate skin-to-skin contact after birth
- Pain management options
- Peanut ball
- Quick access to epidural with an on-site anesthesiologist
- Rooming-in with your baby during postpartum care
Our dedicated team will do everything in our power to make sure your labor and delivery match up with all of your wishes. And if your delivery takes an unexpected turn, our labor and delivery experts are committed to doing everything possible to keep you and your baby safe and healthy.
You and your little one are in skilled, compassionate hands at the Memorial Family Birthplace.