The Memorial Breast Cancer Center brings the strength of one of Florida’s largest breast cancer programs into one location, so that you can see your entire cancer-fighting team in one day.
A Comprehensive Breast Cancer Approach
Memorial Breast Cancer Program offers an interdisciplinary approach, which includes discussions with all of your specialists involved in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer before your treatment begins. We offer FDA-approved clinical trials by an unparalleled team of experts to bring you from diagnosis to treatment and into survivorship. See our breast cancer clinical trials.
We are proud to be recognized as a National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) Accredited Breast Center, a Quality Program of the American College of Surgeons. This designation means our center has the resources to ensure our patients with breast cancer receive high-quality, coordinated care, as well as supportive services and resources to address the full continuum of care available in our community.
Datasource: Breast Cancer and Shamena
Looking for a Second Opinion?
If you've been diagnosed with breast cancer and you would like a second opinion, we're here to help. You can trust that our team will conduct a thorough evaluation and provide you with a customized treatment plan. Your peace of mind is important. Let us help you evaluate your treatment options.
Breast Cancer Treatments
Breast cancer treatment has advanced rapidly in the past 10 years. Today’s breast cancer treatments let you continue your normal daily activities with less interruption for treatments and less discomfort from side effects. Your breast cancer treatment at Memorial’s Breast Cancer Center may include:
- Chemotherapy – Memorial Cancer Institute is on your side with chemotherapy treatment, including access to some of the newest and most innovative chemo treatments through clinical trials
- Biologicals – Newer medications, often combined with chemotherapy, that can sometimes be taken orally and have few side effects
- Surgery – An innovative surgical guidance system, SAVI SCOUT®, helps our surgeons more accurately pinpoint lesions prior to and during surgery. Our expert breast surgical management team includes plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Radiation – Several effective types, including breast brachytherapy (a type of accelerated partial-breast irradiation (APBI))
Breast Cancer Patient and Family Support
A breast cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming to you and your family. At Memorial Cancer Institute, our commitment to patient- and family-centered care means we take care of all of you, not just your cancer.
Image Recovery Center
Datasource: Breast Cancer and Mastectomy
Our cancer support team understands that cancer treatment can effect appearance and self-esteem. Our Image Recovery Center can work with you and your medical team to develop a personalized appearance plan. Learn more about our Image Recovery Center.
Your patient navigator is here to help guide you through the process of cancer care. You’ll meet your patient navigator at Memorial’s Women’s Imaging Center, and she will work with you to ensure you get in to see the doctors you need as quickly as possible. She will also provide patient and family support with:
- Insurance questions and issues
- Qualification for financial assistance
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Answers to any questions
I’ve seen so many angels through this journey. I can’t say enough good things about them. If I had to, I’d drive three hours to come to Memorial.
Patient navigators offer personalized, compassionate guidance from diagnosis and treatment to survivorship.
We take care of the whole person, including appearance, self-esteem and emotional well-being.
Now is the time to schedule a mammogram.