If you or someone you love has stomach cancer, you may have many questions about what lies ahead. At Memorial Healthcare System, we provide top-notch cancer care that prioritizes your needs.
Our team of gastrointestinal cancer specialists are highly trained in treating all stages of stomach cancer using minimally invasive methods and a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach. We work together with you to treat stomach cancer while maximizing your quality of life.
How We Care for Stomach Cancer at Memorial
At Memorial, we provide comprehensive cancer diagnosis and cancer treatment services for all stages of stomach cancer. We partner with you to provide a customized treatment plan and support services that address your needs and those of your loved ones. You benefit from our:
- Experience: Together, our team members have more than a decade of experience treating stomach (gastric) cancer. They focus on caring for patients with similar conditions, including complex and rare types of disease.
- Surgical precision: Our surgical team has extensive expertise performing complex procedures in minimally invasive ways. Laparoscopic and robotic surgical resections, for instance, mean patients experience an easier recovery and a quicker path to any additional treatments.
- Team mindset: No cancer is exactly the same, so we involve a range of multidisciplinary specialists in your care. Medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists and pathologists work together to ensure a treatment plan that covers all the bases and targets your specific condition.
- Access to clinical trials: Our physicians work with research experts and institutions nationwide, such as the National Cancer Institute, to find new ways to more effectively prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
- Wide-ranging support: Our patient navigators will guide you through the cancer treatment process with compassion and skill, helping you schedule appointments and manage treatment side effects. We also connect patients and families to online resources, such as Debbie’s Dream Foundation, which can provide additional information and support. Learn more about support services for cancer patients.
- Care for your whole health: Cancer can take a significant toll on you and your loved ones. Our genetic counselors, psychologists, and integrative medicine specialists are trained to support your emotional well-being as well as your physical health.
Our Comprehensive Stomach Cancer Treatments
If you’ve been diagnosed with stomach cancer, you, your family and your cancer team will discuss your treatment options. The right plan for you will consider your personal goals as well as treatment benefits, risks and side effects.
Treatment options for stomach cancer depend on the cancer stage, location and how far the cancer has spread. Your physician may recommend surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation (or some combination of these therapies) as part of your treatment. At Memorial, we provide many of the same treatment options as larger teaching hospitals but much closer to home.
Learn more about gastrointestinal and colon cancer treatments.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about stomach cancer care, call 954-265-9520 for surgical oncology, or 954-265-4325 to speak to a Memorial Cancer Institute patient navigator.